It is very important to have an Instagram Bio that is attractive and gets updated constantly. It is one of the first things your customers and Instagram users notice when they go into your profile. After all, first impressions are very important. A good instagram Bio can serve as a tool to get more users to follow your account.
Your Instagram Bio is like the homepage of your website. It should leave customers wanting more and give them a reason to follow you. Not sure how to create a bio that will increase your presence on Instagram? No worries! Here are several tips to help create the perfect bio.
- Your Name: The name on the Instagram needs to be how your customers know your business. Don’t use abbreviations or other versions of your name since this is the representation of your business and your brand.
- What You Do: This can be considered your “sales pitch.” Don’t make this part too formal, don’t be afraid to include emojis or humor. Try including a rhetorical question.
- Use keywords that will help users understand your company and what you have to offer. You can include a custom hashtag you are recognized for.
- Customize It: Don’t use the same bio you’ve used for other social media platforms, since Instagram serves other purposes and has a different audience than do all the other platforms.
- Space it Out: space out your content to make it more legible.
- Link: take advantage of the only clickable link you can post on instagram.
- Include a link: Instagram only allows one clickable link and this is in your bio. Make it relevant to your latest post and include a caption in your post that says something like: “Link in bio”
- Call To Action: let your followers know how to connect or engage with your business.
- Include Hashtags in your bio: choose hashtags that are relevant to your business and that will resonate with your followers.
- Stand Out.
National Geographic definitely has a killer bio. It has a great quote as well as the link to their webpage to create engagement. Additionally, it gets their followers to follow National Geographic’s photographers.
Go Pro states clearly what their product is. They include an URL in their bio that encourages their followers to submit their own videos. This creates engagement and a relationship between the brand and the customer.
BMW does a great job at letting their customers know which hashtags are tracked by the brand. They also include a link to their webpage to create customer engagement and follow-up.
Instagram’s atmosphere makes it the perfect place to show off your brand’s personality. Don’t be afraid to achieve this through your bio.
What are some of your favorite brand bios? What are some brands that are #bio #goals?? Let us know what you think and follow us on IG @hashtag4thegram.