In this post we will try to define and illustrate the importance of using influencers in your marketing campaigns in order to guarantee success. But before we do that, let’s make sure we all share a common understanding regarding the general goals and objectives of marketing campaigns.
Some of the goals that marketing campaigns have, include but are not limited:
- to increasing targeted traffic to your website,
- building your company’s trust and authority and last but not least,
- helping you establish your company in local search engines.
All of the goals and objectives, however, in marketing campaigns need to be “SMART” . In the marketing world, as you all know, “SMART” stands for specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-scaled objectives.
But, Why Do I Need an Influencer to Achieve these Goals?
Well, according to a report from Nielsen, a global information and measurement company, 83% of the consumers say that they trust the recommendations of their friends and family. This type pf advertising is also known as “earned media” and it sets the foundations for influencer marketing.
Influencers are people who are able to affect the purchase decision making of others due to the “authority”, knowledge and expertise they have established for themselves in a specific field. The following bullet points are some of the characteristics of influencers on social media and at the same time the reasons that you should use them in your marketing campaigns:
- They Are Trustworthy. They only use original content-their content and thus, people trust their information and thoughts.
- They Are a Thought Leader. They are focused in one topic, with a specific audience that follows them and with which they interact on a regular basis.
- Their Words Have Impact. Their knowledge and expertise have the power to affect people’s decision making.
- They Are Engaging. Engaging with their readers is a priority to them. Readers appreciate that and as a result, they expand their trust and love.
- They Go To Their Audience. They use the the same platforms with their audience. They make sure their voices are being “heard” by the people who they want to be heard from.
All of the features that we mentioned above will be more than valuable in your marketing campaigns. With the help of influencers, your “SMART” objectives and goals will be accomplished before you know it!!
How Am I Going to Use An Influencer?
Now that you understood why it’s important and helpful to use influencers for your marketing campaigns; we can move to the next step, and give you some tips on how to use these influencers.
- The first and most important tip we have to give you is: Find the right fit for you, your brand and most importantly your product!
- Secondly, use his audience!! a)Request from your influencer to write about your brand on his blog. b) Ask him/her to tweet for you once a week and c) ask your influencer to post once a week on Instagram and Facebook, content that promotes your company.
- Last but not least, become active in his/hers community. When your influencer is not posting for you, do it by yourself. Comment and share his content in order to make your brand visible and recognizable.
Let’s Wrap it Up…
Marketing campaigns are essential for every business, big or small. Statistics show that word to word advertising is what people prefer and trust. Influencers are people with authority, who affect the decision making of consumers and certainly have their trust. As a result, influncers are the people you need in your marketing campaign to ensure positive results. Find the right person, take advantage of his audience and influence, and get ready to take your company to different levels!!
Images Sourced Within.