<p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/BDBEFV8ORkN/" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">Be sure you have every app a marketer needs. Link in bio. #marketingtips #marketingdigital #apps #tagsforlikesapp #abeautifulmessapp #regramapp #vscocam #layoutapp #blogging #planogramapp</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A photo posted by #DoItForTheGram (@hashtag4thegram) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2016-03-16T14:05:21+00:00">Mar 16, 2016 at 7:05am PDT</time></p></div></blockquote> //platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js” rel=”attachment wp-att-117″>
Instagram is a great tool for customer acquisition, SEO, customer service and lead generations among others. Brands use instagram to engage with their customers through creative pictures and videos. It humanizes the brand and engages it users. New apps are constantly being launched whose purpose is to enhance pictures through filters and other editing tools. With all these new apps available to everyone, simply posting a picture and using one of their filters isn’t enough to get all the traffic you might have hoped for. In order for your brand to do well on Instagram and make your posts memorable, which is ultimately the goal, you have to be sure your posts will get enough engagement and likes. We have put together a list of the 7 Apps Every Marketer Needs to enhance their Instagram fame, err I mean game.
- Regram: Apps like Regram or repost allow marketers to build an image- based community by sharing others content that reflects the brand, products, services, and values. Think of it as Instagram RT. Marketers need to realize that Instagram Instagram isn’t just about the brand’s image, but the fan’s image as well. Companies like Ben & Jerry’s and the NBA are two great examples of companies that use a combination of their own images and videos, as well as, their fans images. Not sure how to RT an Instagram picture? Here’s how to Regram.
- TagsforLike: Is an app, also a website, that compiles popular hashtag data. Once you download the app, search a related hashtag category and add a few that relate to your post. Unlike Twitter, Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags in each post. However, studies have found that 11 hashtags yield far more interaction than any number up to 11. Hashtags, much like regramming, allows marketers to engage with their customers. Hashtags are a way for people to search and follow accounts. Using the right hashtags will bring more traffic to your account and end with a lot more followers.
- Planogr.am: Have you ever wondered how brands like JCrew posts a series of pictures? Instagram is a new platform and for a while marketers weren’t able to schedule their Instagram posts in advance. Now there are a few new apps that allow you to do exactly that. My favorite is Planogra.am.
- Spreesy: Turns your company’s brand Instagram and Facebook pages into powerful, automated sales channels. “A free and unlimited ecommerce platform. Speezy has “comment buying” which means your followers just enter their email address on one of your shoppable posts and they are taken to a secure checkout. Your inventory is synced with your Etsy, Shopify. You can also grow your email list when someone enters their email with #subscribe.
- VSCO Cam: Is one of the many editing apps marketers can use to make their pictures look polished and put together. VSCO Cam has filters not offered on Instagram. The app has 10 filters to choose from. Once you have chosen a filter you can manipulate the picture, much like Instagram, however #doitforthegram prefer VSCO Cam filters over Instagram filters. Why? Check it out for yourself! We believe a smart marketer will take the time to cross their t’s and dot their i’s before posting a picture. Instagram has great tools to edit pictures, but sometimes it’s smart to go above and beyond to make sure your picture is #instaworthy. Not sure what filters to use on VSCO Cam? Try a few of these combinations to get started. #doitforthegram also found a few other editing apps to check out here.
- A Beautiful Mess: Is an editing app that allows a marketer to add creative texts and graphics to their photo, making it #Pinterestworthy. Adding text to your pictures can help viewers decide if they want to read your caption or not. We all know a picture can be worth a thousand words, but sometimes it helps to give your audience clues as to what you are trying to communicate. “A caption makes a connection between the photo to your message, brand, business, etc.”
- Layout: create a collage of multiple images and videos. Layout is a unique way for brands to display their company is more than one picture. Check out a few layouts here.
What are some of your favorite apps? Have a favorite app we didn’t mention above? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to follow us on Instagram @doit4thegram.